"Alex, The Hero!"


Season: 6
Episode: 22
Title: "Shiny Happy People"

Alex, The Hero!

Hey guys! Welcome back!

Isn't it a beautiful day to save lives?


This week, we're gonna change things up a bit. In life we need a bit of change to shake things up once in a while, lucky you! I'm giving you a chance to enjoy the "change roller coaster." Oh forgive me, I just said that aloud. The cringe!

Okay, all jokes aside, let's begin.
This episode I will be talking about isn't romantic or heartwarming or sentimental. However, it is just the opposite.

This blog will focus on Hayley May, whom is portrayed by Demi Lovato.
Hayley is Alex’s patient. 


Hayley is  patient who everyone gave up on, every one of her doctors diagnosed her with different cases of mental illnesses. Each doctor claimed that the protagonist had "paranoid schizophrenic disorder."


Credit: Grey's Anatomy
Season 6
Episode 22

I don't know about you guys; I definitely cannot pronounce that diagnosis :/


In addition, I understand why the doctors lost hope and diagnosed her the way they did. I mean after all she did try to claw her eyes out of her body. After completing many tests, most of Seattle Grey Mercy-West (Name of the hospital) gave up on her.

Notice I said most and not all *Wink Wink*

Thank God for Alex Karev that never gives up hope.
He exclaimed that he knows crazy and Hayley definitely wasn't crazy. 
No matter what people order him/tell him what to do. Many tests later, Alex and Lexie are able to figure out that she isn't crazy and her symptoms cause her to hear voices in her head.
The end of this episode demonstrates such a relief when she is correctly diagnosed with "Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome"

Don't stereotype people into having a mental illness, because they aren't what is considered normal. 

That's a lesson for another day..

Till Next Blog:)
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap of previous blog: “I Would’ve Loved You No Matter What”

Recap of "I Lost My Shoe!"

“I Would’ve Loved You No Matter What”